Taking a break from my second Tropical Breezes Shawl to tinker
with some motifs I originally hooked for an afghan,
which I've long since abandoned.
with some motifs I originally hooked for an afghan,
which I've long since abandoned.
As I don't have any more of the pink or white in the yarn of the motifs,I just started working the green around on a whim.
I was thinking of giving the scarf to one of my nieces
for a holiday gift for this year.
A gift, I might add, I probably won't get an acknowledgement
or thank you for it.
But then again, depending on how this turns out,
I might just decide to give it to someone else.
As evidenced by the I'm thinking of some 3D
petals for the center,
and possibly make some leaves in contrasting green yarn,
and see where this goes.
Yeah.
I think that's what my plan will be:
Someone else will get this,
or I'll keep it for myself.
FTR, it does hurt a bit to think along these
terms, but I'd rather make something for
an appreciative stranger, or for charity,
than to make something for a loved one who
doesn't appreciate the time, love
and effort put forth for something like this.
But trust me when I say...
It's going to be pretty.
End Note: For those playing along at home, if you remember the
"ZOMG SHE IS KNITTING AT HER DESK" bullcrap
from summer 2011. THIS is the photo I was snapping at
the time of the accusation.


1 comment:
it is already pretty
Post a Comment