Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Photo Dump: Back From India, Batch #1.

Not sure of the official term for the above, but I'll call it a
"Namaskaram blessing bundle," as I got nearly an
identical one of these from every household where I
prostrated in namaskar.
Note: Picture snapped AFTER I put the rupees in my bra
(aka "Fort Knox.")

Nagalingam blossom my niece brought over
before we head off to temple.

Not sure of the significance or official name of the structure
for this tower, but it looms over the trees, across the
street from Poompubar in Chennai.

Love the ubiquitous little Piaggio auto-rickshaws.
Their drivers have brass balls, that's all I can say.

Offering bundle for sale outside Kanchikamakshi
Temple.

2 comments:

Miss Julep said...

OK, where have I been? I had to backtrack to see oyur pictures. Guess I've been distracted and missed that you were going to India. LOVE seeing travel pics and the flowers are just gorgeous!!

Maven said...

Yes, India very much so has a flower culture... flowers for the hair, flowers for offerings/parts of worship. Very flower-oriented.

I had been posting more on FB than on the blog or elsewhere about the trip in the "up-coming" type of status updates. And then before I knew it... I was headed to Frankfurt, then off to Chennai.