Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Photo Dump: Back From India, Batch #3.

Panel of "Lacy Crochet Kerchief" I made for my
mother-in-law, while we were away for a few days in Kerala.
Pattern by Kristin TenDyke.
One of our breakfasts while in Kerala.
Dosa (a rice/lentil crepe) and vada (a lentil fritter)
served with assorted chutneys.
Ohm, sweet ohm.
Our little bungalow on the backwaters.
Our open air bathroom.
Love how it's open to the skies.
The kerchief itself, made for a friend.
(See also: Panel at top, which I made with the remnant.)

6 comments:

Miss Julep said...

The cottage looks cute. Love the crochet kerchief you did. The breakfast looks interesting. I love lentils so I could at least give it a try.

Maven said...

For dosa or vada, in most Indian markets, you can find mixes for both (the alternative would be to soak, then grind, then set out overnight to ferment that batter), which are surprisingly quite good.

Deneen said...

Adorable cottage, love the open air bathroom.

Maven said...

I took plenty more pics of the bathroom, as if/when we ever gut and renovate our bathroom, I want to have the new one have aspects of the cottage bathroom. Will be hard to simulate the open air, given our northern climate.

The Frizzy Hooker said...

Nice pictures. That bathroom was so bright. I guess that is an advantage of an open air design. I love well lit bathrooms

Maven said...

I really fell in love with the bathroom. The ventilation aspect alone wooed me, the sunshine, yet the open to the sun, yet still remain private really was great.

All I have to do now is hit the lottery, and then pay a designer to come in and renovate my bathroom to resemble something close to this.