Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mind Blown

Seriously. My mind is blown. As much as I've done with crocheted entrelac (made with Tunisian simple stitch) and the very basic knowledge I have of Tunisian, to work in the round, for me, for the last four nearly five years has been limited to entrelac. And to me, as of this moment, I guess my "Tunisian in the round" knowledge is akin to learning to run before learning to crawl.

Well, today I've been tinkering with linked stitches. I haven't identified if I'm using trebles or double trebles, but I'm just concerned at the moment with familiarizing myself with the process the stitches are formed. I'll worry about the formalities of identifying which stitch AM I doing for a little while down the line.

So today I've been continuing with tinkering. Yesterday I was going to launch off into yet another entrelac thing, as the circle was forming nicely into the bowl bottom of yet another little bag I'm so fond of making. Little bags I've pretty much put myself in "time out" to keep from making again and again, because they are THAT addictive.  

So I frogged back the round of foundation triangles set up for the entrelac, and decided to try increasing the diameter of the circle, without, yanno, KNOWLEDGE of how exactly to do so. So I just continued around, putting two rows/linked stitches into each stitch, and yanno what? SO FAR SO GOOD. I have no idea what I am going to do with this knowledge, or the circle for that matter. The yarn hasn't revealed to me what it wants to grow up to be. I've got several things I could use it for. And for that matter, I'm on the precipice of expanding what and HOW I crochet, so I'm kind of jazzed by this happy little development.  

At first, I was thinking I'd not make a complete circle. Tomorrow is the Slacker's workplace baby shower (of which I will take a half day just to avoid THAT circle jerk), and I had a momentary pause where I thought to myself of MacGuyvering this into a baby bonnet. FUCK THAT NOISE. She doesn't act like a co-worker or a team player, and she certainly is not a friend, so I banished that thought immediately.

So I'll just continue with this circle until the yarn speaks to me. I'm feeling very much like the Yarn Whisperer right about now.

2 comments:

Miss Julep said...

Keep up the research and development! It's looking very cool in it's beginning stages!!

Unknown said...

gud work..http://www.pinchood.com