I'm not into memes as such, and consider myself a bit of a non-conformist. But figure perhaps having a WIP Weds type post would be a good motivation to keep more regular with updating my blog. Perhaps. It's a theory at least, right?
Anyway, I've been tinkering with all manner of things lately. Irish lace motifs. Bruges lace. I'm working on my second balaclava. The first one was a chthulhu; this one I was thinking of doing a dia de los muertos type of theme.
Then yesterday during lunch, I was just farting around, placing some Irish lace floral type motifs on the sugar skull balaclava, and then decided to mash it up one step further with the inclusion of the Irish lace motifs.
Here's what I've got so far:
No where's finished, but it's been fun watching it evolve on its own.
And of course, I'm not a very "project driven" type of crocheter. Oh no. I'm not going to finish this before I start head long into my next project, a purse shaped like a pumpkin. I know. "Original" (idea) right? Not following anyone else's pattern, though I think perhaps a Fat Bottomed Bag might be constructed similarly (but then again, that would require me READING the pattern to begin with, right now I'm happy just leaving that as a "hunch.").
I've been suffering from a melatonin hangover today on the verge of a weird (non-migraine, non-stress, non-allergy related) headache. On top of this, I'm sleep deprived. So yes. I'm groggy, sleepy, fatigued, sleep deprived. And I've got another 25 more minutes until I can get unshackled from my desk here at work. I can't even say I can't wait to get home so I can try to go to sleep, because the moment the husband hits the hay and starts snoring, well, that's the end of that. Me? My snoring and sleep apnea was so bad, I went to TWO sleep studies and for years slept with a CPAP. Now, I doubt my snoring is as bad as it was. I've lost about 90 lbs since my bypass. Hubby is not overweight nor does he have a deviated septum (like I still have), and yet, refuses to get his snoring checked out, because, afterall, it's not bothering anyone important (subtext: him). (Here endeth the ranty-poo.)
I can't wait another 25 minutes until I can take hook to the bag and keep hooking. I made a lot of headway while waiting in the parking garage this a.m. (I come to my desk RIGHT ON THE DOT, I don't give them one more red hot second of my time) and I worked on it during lunch, in between slurps of egg drop soup.


2 comments:
that looks cool. I would wear it. I would add violets in purple. not really. but i would consider it.
cool
Post a Comment