Thursday, October 18, 2012

One of these days...

I really should get around to photographing my wedding dress, or at least a close up of a portion of it.

In 2001, while I was an active crocheter (by no means was I at the level I'm at now), I didn't put a lot of thought into my wedding dress etc.  The dress itself was a simple ivory dress with a crochet lace overlay I bought from a Newport News catalog (fairly certain, if my memory serves me correct). It was a dress I had worn to 1-2 parties. 

No fancy clutch handbag for me either. I  happened to have a Windsor blue crocheted zip bag with cute flowers on that, and that is what I carried.

I loved the dress, and being the practical person I am, there was no thinking about getting a new gown for my wedding. This was going to be my second marriage, so my head was not in the clouds. That all aside, I love the dress and it's pretty. And our wedding itself was a casual affair held in a historic old "village green." 

Perhaps I'll post on this more after I photograph the dress.

Perhaps since I am fairly certain I will not have children of my own, perhaps I should think seriously about getting the dress altered (shortened and taken in), so I can wear it and continue to enjoy the dress. 

I've lost about 100 lbs since I wore that dress, it will no doubt hang on me. But I love it to pieces. And perhaps when it's too ratty to wear, I'll cut it down and make a throw pillow for my bed out of it.

Perhaps I've already blogged too much about it and all I'll end up doing is a singular photo dump.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Tina Martinez said...

If the dress makes you happy, you should totally get it altered to bring you even more happiness now. Besides, even if you do have kids, and you do have a daughter, what are the odds the dress will be to her taste?

YOU love the dress, I say you wear it with a happy heart.