Still loving it, though it is quite a yarn pig... eats and eats and eats some more yarn:) But most things employing Tunisian stitches usually does.
I'm into my second skein of MadTosh, and no where's near ready for the break for the sleeves. Wondering if I'm still on track. Perhaps a photo of it tonight at knit night might be in order.
Anyway, I'm into the second skein, and WHOAH color difference within the same dye lot. Makes me sad, but not sure if my sadness is enough to make me frog this yarn (YET AGAIN, remember, I was using this yarn when I unsuccessfully attempted that Lacy Topper a month ago--of which my hands still have not really recovered from the constant hooking and frogging, and all that time and effort and still no sweater to show for it).
Pictured above is a section of the yoke of the Cape Sleeve Cardi. On the right you can see three rows of linked stitches which are worked in the second skein of MadTosh. The uncaked skein sitting on top of the work is the Malabrigo I bought yesterday to augment the yarn I have on hand. Given the MadTosh is $32 a skein, and I've only got 3 skeins, and I'm now into the second of the three skeins, and I haven't even broke for the sleeves yet, I feel confident I'm going to run out of yarn at some point, long before the garment is done.
The Malabrigo was purchased to off set the cost of the MadTosh ($19 vs $32), granted the fiber content is different, but not radically. And the coloring? Just about as spot on as spot on gets. Now I know that if I need more yarn, I'll just sub in more Malabrigo than the MadTosh, because who the hell knows the color variations in whatever skeins I get next. Very dissatisfied. For $32 a skein, there shouldn't be that much of an obvious change from skein to skein in the same dyelot.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment