Loved this blazer I found in either a Macy's or JCP flyer.
I'm, of course, envisioning it done with connected
I'm, of course, envisioning it done with connected
crocheted rings.
Here's the yoke of YET ANOTHER UNFINISHED SWEATER OF MINE.
This one is a top down pull over worked in, what I believe is now
discontinued colors of, Cash Vero. The yarn is just luxurious
and lovely to work with. I had hoped to make the
body in the lighter blue; however, I am relegated to
working the remainder of the body in the camel color, as
that is all that appears to be available online, and none of
the stores I normally frequent carries it. :(
Of course, the four (original) skeins I bought two years ago
were bought before my addiction to top down garment
construction. Lesson learned.
Here's the completed prototype pullover worked in an
acrylic blend. Can't remember the yarn name/type, but
I think I did manage to document it in my projects
section on Ravelry.
And lastly, a small glimpse of my shopping haul
from my most-recent trip into the city to
see an out-of-town friend.
We managed to go all over the place,
from as far uptown as 96/Lex going down to
29th in the garment district.
Friend eye-spied the book, which is 100%
perfect for me, a Japanese crochet
book devoted to top down garments.
The mother of pearl and abalone buttons
I picked up at M&J (and paid entirely too much for,
I might add, but I HAD TO HAVE THEM).
Indian food was eaten. Books, coffee,
and flavorings were bought.
And plans will be made for a return trip to
School Products to learn hairpin lace.
I can't wait.
Oh, and regarding my Mystery CAL?
There IS more to the sweater.
I've been too depressed, tired, lazy,
otherwise-occupied with life in general,
to post more details of it, as well as,
I was convinced that the few folks
that WERE doing the CAL have
lost interest.
So if you are STILL interested in
how this sweater will turn out
(YES, THERE IS A BIG SURPRISE ENDING!)
Leave a comment.
Otherwise, it'll be the sweater equivalent of
the Great American Mystery Novel...
only in yarn form.
(Full disclosure, even though I have designed the
sweater, in my head, and I have hooked up as much
as there are photos (hell, perhaps a bit more than
is photographed), I haven't finished hooking the
front, which I feel is the most dynamic part
of the entire design, which ties it all
together.
So kibbitz a bissel. Leave a comment.
Let me know you're still alive, and interested.
Then the deets shall be forthcoming.





No comments:
Post a Comment