Went to NYC for an an appt & visit a friend in the hospital and realized,
ZOMG! I forgot to bring a project!
ZOMG! I forgot to bring a project!
Off to Annie & Co., for some emergency supplies.
In this case, Blue Skies Alpaca brand Multi Cotton,
color: Gherkin.
Fiddling around, attempting to make a Rakhi bracelet
for my Indian-brother-from-another-mother, to
give to him later on this month for Rakhi.
Progress photo of sari blouse.
Eagerly awaiting auxilliary yarn from WEBS.
In the meantime, swatching some more lace.
This swatch has a four motif repeat.
I think I'll like it more once it's been starched.
Related note: It must be summer.
The unifying fiber for all four pictures is cotton.
Related note: It must be summer.
The unifying fiber for all four pictures is cotton.





2 comments:
You cracked me up about the emergency supplies as I can TOTALLY relate to that feeling. I almost panic when I find myself in a waiting situation without a project. Hope your friend is OK.
Your emergency yarn is gorgeous & I am loving all of your lacy projects and am REALLY looking forward to seeing the sari top finished. I think sari's are sooo exotic and lovely.
I love saris and don't have much opportunity to wear them, so all the more reason for me to obsess on the aspects of the garment that I can personalize and make my own, in this case the top. Still waiting for the back ordered yarn to finish this project!! GRRR!!
And my friend? She's home. For now. And hoping for a full and complete recovery for her.
Post a Comment