Saturday, April 05, 2014

Currently on the Hooks




Note added 2/25/26
The granny blanket was for my brother, who, ever since mom died 5/4/20, I hardly hear from in actual communication anymore. Our relationship is barely sustained by the random emoji or gif. Mom’s lasting legacy to us. 

The blue sweater was eventually gifted to my dear friend Susan (not THAT Susan, the other one!), who eventually died 10/4/20. 

Due to health concerns & a toxic work environment, I made some sacrifices in order to retire in July 2024. One of those sacrifices (besides blitzing my career) was having ready access to the people with whom I cultivated relationships with over the course of nearly 23 years.

One thing about retirement that no one really talks about is the silence. Gone is the chatter & comraderie & working towards a common goal, and loneliness soon fills that void. I hope when Springtime hits, I’ll be able to reverse course & start refraining feeling isolated with feeling solitude—totally different vibe. 

Currently am scrolling through my blog posts missing my friends & family—the latter of which, I am realizing I am missing the illusion of family more so than the corporeal family members themselves. 

1 comment:

Fran said...

Nice work. I love the buttons!