Friday, August 15, 2014

ZOMG!! Sweater All The Things!

I really feel as if I am on the verge of becoming that woman in the Netherlands, Loens Veenstra, who ended up knitting and or crocheting over 500 sweaters and was the recipient of a flash mob in her honor. 

Seriously, since April I have started and or finished roughly four sweaters + currently working on a 4th, finished a lacy cover up/poncho thing, and designed a vest.

Here's a photo of my friend Mookzmom modeling a sweater I designed and finished...
And a WIP view of the vest, which is just about done. I need to consider a button for it. A better photo will be forthcoming once it's "done" and pressed:
This sweater the yoke started out as yet another Chevron Lace Cardigan, and then I just wanted something different than the other one I've done for myself, so when I ran out of the Noro Lily and switched to Tahki classic cotton, I changed things up a bit:
Surprise surprise... yet another green sweater. This time, this one's for me. Yarn used is a close out of  Cascade Cash Vero, DK, worked with an H hook...
I started this sweater in the middle to end of July, so yes, the perfect time to be working in WOOL. Here it is, the middle of August, with all the heat and humidity. PERFECT time to be hooking in wool/cashmere blend. It's a labor of love. And arthritis and other stuff makes me realize how FINITE life is, as well as the finite amount of projects I'll be able to do up in my lifetime, and I've been focusing a lot on what to make for MYSELF.

That all being said, I have yet another great idea for a sweater, top down (of course) with an interesting feature. And no. I won't tip my hand just yet. But the inspiration hit me yesterday, and I'm not sure how it'll pan out. But I cannot wait to tinker with some el-cheapo acrylic to do the first prototype. Stay tuned!

No comments: