It seems every year to every other year, my husband and I head off to either Mystic CT or Essex Junction VT for our anniversary get away.
These get-aways are great for decompressing, and spending time with one another. Plenty of outlet shopping, good food, movies, (and for me, YARN shopping and possible visits with friends in those vicinities) are the order of business.
While I was heart broken to realize that the one yarn and craft store I used to frequent at the outlet shops closed up, I did manage to visit both, Nido in Burlington, and Northeast Fiber Arts Center in nearby Williston. Northeast Fiber Arts Center touts that they are like a candy store for yarnies, and there is truth in that claim to fame!
I use restraint when shopping for my "souvenir" yarn, which will be used in a souvenir project. This trip, I bought some home grown Vermont shetland wool, which I quickly started working up into a shrug (which has since been languishing--writing this right now at the end of October, but realized I was remiss in blogging about it).
Here's a pic of the partially finished shrug.
Tuesday, September 02, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment