Above and beyond edibles, my solitary purchase at this year's New York Sheep and Wool Festival was this beautiful yarn bowl, which I procured from Bittersweet Woolery.
It's got a nice weight to it, and a deeply saturated glaze (IRL it's much darker than it appears in this picture, which I snapped with my flash on), and I hope to get many years of good use out of it:)
I kept to my timetable of what I wanted to see, who I wanted to visit with, and what time I wanted to leave. By the time I started getting a few twinges of pain in my back, it was nearing time to leave.
While this item caught my eye and took my breath away:
This item (knit) caught my eye, as I love the construction, and hope to reverse engineer a crocheted facsimile:
Prior to arriving at the festival, I stopped off in neighboring Kingston to check out Fleisher's, which came highly recommended by a co-worker, and I am glad I stopped. Next trip to Kingston (whether to visit family or the next sheep festival), I'll be sure to pack a cooler bag.
Monday, October 20, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I love the yarn bowl you picked up! Purple is my favourite colour.
Post a Comment