Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Blocking Party

I finally got around to blocking the items i managed to hook up in June and July.

 I don't remember the yarn I used on the cardi, but the pattern
is Chevron Lace Cardi, by milobo.
 I added the photos out of sequence, this was the second
Piquant by LilyGo I made.
Yarn was Misti Alpaca Tonos handpainted cotton silk yarn.
This was the second one I hooked up.
  This was the fourth Piquant. I used up some remnant yarn, 
Yarn Hollow Tango, which was a wool and silk blend, and used
a bit of StarGrrl's handspun to finish the body of the shawl.
 This was the first Piquant I hooked up. 
Yarn used: Holiday Yarn Flock Sock (colorway: Orchid)
 This was the third Piquant I hooked up. This one is for myself.
Yarns used: Julie Spins Springling and Mary Gavan Yarns Pohahoe.

I also managed to finish up my Vermont Souvenir Shrug, but haven't
managed to get a good photo of it yet.

I am currently working on a prototype cardigan, which pays homage to Anzen,
and my prototype also is using up some remnant yarn that is languishing
in my stash.
I think when I finally do hook up an Anzen, I'll follow the pattern as written.

It's an act of futility to acknowledge this, but I still haven't gotten my 
Schaeffer yarn back. 

It's just fucking string, but is it normal to mourn the loss of yarn? 
End note: I know the tsouris/grief isn't the yarn entirely, 
but of being disappointed yet again.

No comments: