Speaking of NEXT sweater project, I was thinking of working up my version of Anzen. I dickered about getting the pattern, as I had to pay for the entire copy of a quarterly magazine, and thought I'd wing it. But today, I broke down and ordered a digital copy, just to see how the pattern is set up. I may or may not follow it to a tee.
Tiffany, source of the bunbun fiber.
The yarns I will use are three. One yarn is the cormo-bunbun detailed this blog post. The other yarn is some Jacobs Wool, from my friend Joanie's sheep, a photo can be found on this blog post. And the third yarn involved will be some black wool I bought while in Amsterdam a few months back.
A glimpse in the barn, right before sheep shearing (2014).
This sweater has a lot of good intentions, given the personal connections I have with the friends and their fiber, and their animals. There's an old Yiddish proverb, "Man makes plans and God says HAH!" So while I am intellectualizing that this might be my next project, who really knows what will happen after I am done with the current Piquant I am working on--stay tuned. I am a few days away from finishing up this fourth one, and hopefully I'll steam/block all four and get a nice photo dump.

No comments:
Post a Comment