Sunday, October 11, 2015

And If You Are Into Absurdity

Remember the Andrea Schaefer yarn saga?  Believe it or not, it's still active.

About 7-10 days ago, I zapped a message that said (verbatim), "Not to be a troll, but I hope you enjoy the yarn."

I've formed a communication choke point, as I've cut off access on Rav, so that leaves email or FB (even though I've unfriended, I haven't unblocked).  

This a.m., I received a few PMs on FB today basically telling me she's (STILL) going to send the yarn, for me NOT to send along the postage money blah blah. 

And I call bullshit on all of this. To be honest, if she can afford an airplane ticket to NYC in June, she could have carted the two balls of yarn with her, and we could have done a hand delivery--whether to me or to my husband who works in NYC. But no. Zero fucks. 
Update: Allegedly/she claims she *DID* cart the balls of yarn with her to NYC; however, I'm somehow missing the details involving her reaching out to me to coordinate a pick up. (No. She never did contact me to let me know she was 30 minutes from my house with the yarn in tow.) How was I to divine this information? Telekinesis? Am I Kreskin?
Also worth noting, she's taking issue with my message which simply stated, "Enjoy the yarn." She thinks that *I THINK* that she's using it. No. The subtext to my sentiment is that I've abandoned any hope of getting my yarn back, and pretty much all of this has (for me, at least) defined her character for my purposes.  She also mentioned how the trip was paid for in advance for a religious mission/service, how they only were able to eat one meal a day while in NYC, and reminded me of her daughter's health. Pretty much excuse after excuse, and I feel as if there's an attempt to make me feel guilty or petty about this.
I don't trust what she says that she's going to send it at all. The yarn was sent in May 2014. At current writing it's now Almost a year and a half later, and all I'm getting is lip service. From this end there is no good will or trust.  And without good will or trust, what is left, really? And when I said pretty much that to her, all I've gotten after is just silence.

So I don't know what's going on. Is she ashamed that she hasn't managed to send it? Is there some measure of pride going on here (in that she doesn't want me to send along postage for the yarn?)? I don't know about anyone else, but I would have more issues with my pride or integrity in having promised something to someone and failing to follow through.  It's distressing actually.
Update: Riddle me this... she doesn't want me to send the postage money; however, she lacks the postage money to send me my yarn. On her planet making me continue to wait is acceptable. This whole thing just lingers on unsavory like the proverbial turd in the punch bowl. Why not just end the insanity?
So really, I don't want more words, as clearly they mean nothing at this point. As Yoda would say, "Do or Do Not, There Is No Try." 

A dear friend suggested I print up a postage paid label from USPS. Which I am doing today, and will send along the label in the hopes of just getting this issue settled. And if the yarn STILL doesn't come, well, I did everything humanly possible to resolve this issue. 

ETA: After much ballyhoo, on 10/19/15 my Andrea Schaefer yarn, anticlimactically, found its way home (and inside, I suppose as a "mea culpa," were two skeins of sock yarn which were unnecessary and unwanted (and not asked for), which I now will have to re-home, given my focus with yarn in my stash is that I only keep on hand "sweater volumes" of each lot). 

Also worth noting: After realizing I "unfriended" her, she's zapped me a friend request on FB; and even has messaged me inquiring if the yarn arrived or not. The reality is, if she's interested in seeing if the yarn arrived, she has the tracking information on the USPS label. Also, if it's the mere COURTESY of an acknowledgement she desires? Let's just say I am disinclined to dispense that courtesy. I feel for the both of us, the kindest thing I can do is NOTHING MORE as far as all this is concerned. 

No comments: