Friday, July 28, 2017

RSI = MIA (etc)

Still more than a bit MIA (it's been two months since my last post. RSI in wrist, elbow, and shoulder have been kicking my ass, and has really impacted (subtext: diminished) my "crojo" (new portmanteau of crochet + mojo, I believe I picked up from Darlisa of CatBird Studios), to the point where I haven't picked up a hook in months. 

I still have a bevvy of projects languishing in the WIP pile,such as my: 
  1. Lavender saree top;
  2. "Malvina" a top down linked trebel + tunisian entrelac cardigan;
  3. A hairpin lace cardigan I never really got any traction with;
  4. Piquant (the 7th one I've hooked--and what probably is to blame for the RSI--I was working up all of my orphan skeins of sock yarn in Piquants for gifts, to destash--and here we are, full of pain);
  5. An "exploded view" cardigan worked vertically, flat to be seamed;
  6. And last, but not least, the Perennial Peasant Blouse.
I saw a friend queued this on TKS, and I like the texture, and I'd need to study the pattern a bit more before I decide to even attempt it, as it appears it's all in text (I didn't scroll to the very end to see if there's a chart--which IS a huge deal for me).

Due to a family health crisis, I have to make a trek to Jersey, and I'll probably grab my WIP bag for the Perennial Peasant Blouse and see if I can work on it while either at the hospital or the hotel. Luckily the husband is going with me, so at least I won't be alone, dealing with someone else's monkeys and someone else's circus.




No comments: