Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Mini Update

Just a few things I'm working on. Slowly. Still trying to work through my pain issues.

The first is a Perennial Peasant Blouse by Margaret Hubert; however, I made a change at the bottom. I thought it needed something MORE than just a body full of double crochet stitches, so I duplicated the lace in the yoke, and worked it on the bottom. Ends all woven in, it just needs to be pressed for a final photo.

The second item is what I believe is the SEVENTH Piquant shawl I've hooked up. I'm playing "yarn chicken" with it. I ran out of this variegated yarn a bit earlier than I had hoped, and it looks like the gold Cascade I am using for the lace edging is going to run out before I am done with the project entirely. I did manage to buy another skein of golden yarn, different company as I couldn't find the identical yarn available in Cascade, and OF COURSE, as these things go, I MISPLACED MY REPLACEMENT YARN.  

This is the final Piquant I will work up in sock weight yarn--and what sock weight yarn I DO still have in my stash, I am going to learn how to either chain ply or Navajo ply it, so build it up to a weight that I can use, that won't continue to put me in a pain crisis.

Here is the close up (details regarding the yarn and pattern is in my projects section on TKS):

I thought I had snapped photos of the two new books on my shelf (and no, I have not updated my library on TKS), but that'll have to wait until a later date. I'll snap photos, and leave reviews or comments.

No comments: