Yeah, it's been a while since I posted. There isn't much to share. I've been struggling with pain issues (still) and I still have about 3 top-down sweaters in my WIP bucket, languishing. All three are my spin on the Falling Leaves (or is it diamonds?) pattern which was a shawl (see my projects section on Ravelry if you're curious).
Yes. I went to NY Sheep and Wool Festival, both, in 2017 and in 2018. Nothing new to report, though the 2018 one I was somewhat disappointed. No panflutes. No entourage of sister wives (and their collective gaggle of kids). No big cheese vendor in the food building. Even less crochet content/representation than in previous years. If it weren't for the fact I was attending the festival with two good friends and managed to see my friend Joan who was at the Jacobs Sheep Convervancy booth, it would have been a bit of a non-starter for me.
November provided me more international travel, and I *did* pack one of my sweaters to work on during the flight and other down-time while in India, and I am just about at the point where I will mark the yoke for the sleeves and then do the "break" for the sleeves. But I'm in no rush, but I do know once I break for the sleeves, things move along at a nice, brisk, addictive pace and usually is enough to give me some pleasant dopamine blasts along the way.
Between the on-going pain issues and my ennui and the fact that people have come into (and mostly GONE out of) my life, when I think of my yarn stash (which is now composed entirely of "sweater volumes" of lots of yarn, I think to myself how the list of potential recipients has dwindled substantially over the years.
I'm no longer as active on Ravelry as I once was (though one group in particular recently has caught my attention), and I've ditched The Book of Face--I'm just not interacting with others quite as much as I am accustomed.
In the course of reading up about borderline personality disorder and destructive narcissists (to hopefully de-program all the shitty programming my mother and her family have done to me over the years--I've also become super aware of how some folks are only interested in what I can do (or give), and once they've gotten whatever it is they want or need, they're done with me--and that's okay (for them), but that's not healthy for me.
I've also come to some other realizations in my life, too. I tweeted it, but I guess it's useful to share herein, too (assuming anyone reads this blog anymore): A handy reminder for those who need it: Some of us have self-esteem, and when we shut down or disengage from people who exhibit a lack of kindness to us, that doesn't mean WE are the ones who are lacking in good character--it means we have higher standards than you anticipated.
Anyway, here's hoping 2019 will be a more productive year for me.
Yes. I went to NY Sheep and Wool Festival, both, in 2017 and in 2018. Nothing new to report, though the 2018 one I was somewhat disappointed. No panflutes. No entourage of sister wives (and their collective gaggle of kids). No big cheese vendor in the food building. Even less crochet content/representation than in previous years. If it weren't for the fact I was attending the festival with two good friends and managed to see my friend Joan who was at the Jacobs Sheep Convervancy booth, it would have been a bit of a non-starter for me.
November provided me more international travel, and I *did* pack one of my sweaters to work on during the flight and other down-time while in India, and I am just about at the point where I will mark the yoke for the sleeves and then do the "break" for the sleeves. But I'm in no rush, but I do know once I break for the sleeves, things move along at a nice, brisk, addictive pace and usually is enough to give me some pleasant dopamine blasts along the way.
Between the on-going pain issues and my ennui and the fact that people have come into (and mostly GONE out of) my life, when I think of my yarn stash (which is now composed entirely of "sweater volumes" of lots of yarn, I think to myself how the list of potential recipients has dwindled substantially over the years.
I'm no longer as active on Ravelry as I once was (though one group in particular recently has caught my attention), and I've ditched The Book of Face--I'm just not interacting with others quite as much as I am accustomed.
In the course of reading up about borderline personality disorder and destructive narcissists (to hopefully de-program all the shitty programming my mother and her family have done to me over the years--I've also become super aware of how some folks are only interested in what I can do (or give), and once they've gotten whatever it is they want or need, they're done with me--and that's okay (for them), but that's not healthy for me.
I've also come to some other realizations in my life, too. I tweeted it, but I guess it's useful to share herein, too (assuming anyone reads this blog anymore): A handy reminder for those who need it: Some of us have self-esteem, and when we shut down or disengage from people who exhibit a lack of kindness to us, that doesn't mean WE are the ones who are lacking in good character--it means we have higher standards than you anticipated.
Anyway, here's hoping 2019 will be a more productive year for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment