Hiya--anyone still out there reading this?
It's been a while since I last updated. Lots going on, not much in the way of crochet though.
I have an assortment of partially done, top down sweaters that are languishing in my wip pile. Two are nearly identical for friends, and one is for myself. Eventually I hope to finish them. And of course, I have enough yarn on hand for perhaps a dozen more sweaters (imagine my yardage on hand!).
Yesterday was a "self care" day, and I managed to carve out 1.5 hours to putter in my craft room, which has been quite neglected, and I need to shift things into "clutter abatement mode."
About 3-4 years ago, I stowed my sewing machine away due to our wall-to-wall carpeting being replaced, and I just never got around to setting the machine back up, and of course with all horizontal surfaces in that room, the cart for the sewing machine was piled high with STUFF.
So yesterday, I set about removing/re-homing all the stuff on the cart, pull it out, open the closet and retrieve my sewing machine, as well as rediscover some long-lost items, and then stow away my dozen rolls of gift wrap back in the closet.
Hopefully sometime soon, I'll get around to rethreading the machine and finish up my duvet cover I started 3-4 years ago.
I have 1-2 bins of other WIPs or items I was tinkering with over the years. I had promised myself 3-4 years ago that if at the end of 2015 (or was it 2016?) if those bins were still full, I'd pitch everything in the trash. I've come to the point where I want to use those bins for other purposes, and though I will not dump it without reviewing everything in the bin, I will carefully/thoughtfully go through the bin, just to ensure nothing important gets tossed out in haste. But yes, "tough love" is necessary. I need to be merciless.
In April on my way home from Vermont, we went by way of WEBS, where I bought enough cheery yellow yarn to make a cardigan to go with some spring and summer clothing. Given it's now July, it's overly optimistic to think I'd get that done in time to wear THIS YEAR. But at least I'm working towards that goal, and some movement is being made. More than likely, this might be the pattern I use for that yellow yarn.
And now that I've gone on the Mary Maxim site to retrieve the link for that pattern (which I have used before and enjoyed), I now want to peruse the site for other possibilities.
It's been a while since I last updated. Lots going on, not much in the way of crochet though.
I have an assortment of partially done, top down sweaters that are languishing in my wip pile. Two are nearly identical for friends, and one is for myself. Eventually I hope to finish them. And of course, I have enough yarn on hand for perhaps a dozen more sweaters (imagine my yardage on hand!).
Yesterday was a "self care" day, and I managed to carve out 1.5 hours to putter in my craft room, which has been quite neglected, and I need to shift things into "clutter abatement mode."
About 3-4 years ago, I stowed my sewing machine away due to our wall-to-wall carpeting being replaced, and I just never got around to setting the machine back up, and of course with all horizontal surfaces in that room, the cart for the sewing machine was piled high with STUFF.
So yesterday, I set about removing/re-homing all the stuff on the cart, pull it out, open the closet and retrieve my sewing machine, as well as rediscover some long-lost items, and then stow away my dozen rolls of gift wrap back in the closet.
Hopefully sometime soon, I'll get around to rethreading the machine and finish up my duvet cover I started 3-4 years ago.
I have 1-2 bins of other WIPs or items I was tinkering with over the years. I had promised myself 3-4 years ago that if at the end of 2015 (or was it 2016?) if those bins were still full, I'd pitch everything in the trash. I've come to the point where I want to use those bins for other purposes, and though I will not dump it without reviewing everything in the bin, I will carefully/thoughtfully go through the bin, just to ensure nothing important gets tossed out in haste. But yes, "tough love" is necessary. I need to be merciless.
In April on my way home from Vermont, we went by way of WEBS, where I bought enough cheery yellow yarn to make a cardigan to go with some spring and summer clothing. Given it's now July, it's overly optimistic to think I'd get that done in time to wear THIS YEAR. But at least I'm working towards that goal, and some movement is being made. More than likely, this might be the pattern I use for that yellow yarn.
And now that I've gone on the Mary Maxim site to retrieve the link for that pattern (which I have used before and enjoyed), I now want to peruse the site for other possibilities.

No comments:
Post a Comment