I like to play beat the clock. granny square projects go quick and the yarn I am using is a variegated with long color repeats so I am not stopping to change colors. Yarn is Caron skinny cake in spearmint, worked with a 4.0 hook. wrapper has the weight as “3,” but I would put it close to a DK. I am using a hook I normally use for dk.
Currently, I am up to 10 rounds so far. idk how many I will need to finish one side, maybe 50? 75?
Assuming I have enough yarn, I’m planning a panel of victorian lace grannies in the back and will join each hex to it, and if I have enough yarn? Maybe a good, too.
I bought 2100 yds as that is my average for top down sweaters for adults, and then today the yarn whispered to me it wanted to be a hex cardigan.
I bought 2 additional skeins--I might as well be Mrs. Magoo. I thought they both were the same pink color lot didn't notice until I got home they are 2 different dye lots/colors.
I was planning to use one for a shawl for my friend/neighbor; however, if I have ample, I might then make a small hex cardi for a cousin's 18 month old.
I just wish the process went faster 🤣🤣🤣!


No comments:
Post a Comment