Been hooking like a fiend, and I am now at the point in the progress where I have folded it just so and pinned it so I see the cardigan take shape.
I also played around with the Victorian Lace grannies as a panel on the back where the two hexagons are joined, and decided to go with a square with fewer rounds to get the desired effect.
I am now playing around with larger Victorian Lace squares to add at what is currently the bottom of the cardigan to add length and interest. Once I add the squares the cardigan will be humming along nicely.
I believe the sleeves are the right size, but will know for sure once I attach via slip to join, and I might make a granny square adjustment in the arms if necessary.
All the said? It is an enjoyable process even if I don’t like how this variegated is pooling. I got several skeins of one color, but got sloppy on the day of purchase and did not double check dyelots. One skein has longer color repeats than the other. Oh well.
I am crocheting this as a challenge to myself, two weeks more until the day I go to the festival. I have a daydream someone would want to buy it off my back, and I am considering an asking price if $300. Hey, I can dream, can’t I?


No comments:
Post a Comment