Today was a scheduled day off. I planned it in advance, as I was going to NJ for lunch with my friend, who also happens to be my former chiropractor.
Dined on a lunch of Thai food... tom yum goong and pad thai for him, and tom kha gai and a green jungle curry for me. Thai ice tea for both of us. We couldn't stop laughing throughout the lunch. Good times. I miss going to his office. He's good people.
So I found myself heading back to Westco with enough time to explore. I thought briefly of visiting a yarn shop in Scarsdale... but then decided on checking out Flying Fingers in Tarrytown.
My first find... wooden crochet hooks! This one was the biggest (pretty one) in size M, though I do prefer my crochet hooks substantially bigger...
And yes, I found bigger hooks in wood, just not fancy hooks. So I picked up an S hook, and a bunch of different wools in varying colorways. Got them all 40% off, but still... everything still cost me over $70. But figuring my friend picked up the tab for lunch, it's a wash.
I've got a few projects in mind for some of the stuff... and even though I have a scarf I'm working on for one friend, I can't wait to start working with that new hook!
I've got a few projects in mind for some of the stuff... and even though I have a scarf I'm working on for one friend, I can't wait to start working with that new hook!

2 comments:
What beautiful yarn! Wooden hooks and needles are so good to work with. The yarn doesn't slip, and the needles are light -
Glad you had a good mental health retreat.
Will definitely go back! I went to Stix & Stitches in Tarrytown. I'm making a scarf for a friend, and I need to go back and get a few more balls...
Post a Comment