I finished up this granny prior to my vacation two weeks ago, however was remiss in posting it here (though I did post it in my projects section on Ravelry). The pattern went through a few edits, and if you want to test it out for me, or offer up an edit, let me know via Ravelry.
I love Celtic Knots, macrame, Oriental style frog making, and lace tatting-- or I should be more specific, I love the appearance and might want to learn these crafts.
Not sure if I have it in me to attempt too many other things, so I try to adapt what I want to accomplish with the skills and smarts I have within crochet. And to be honest? I don't think the husband has it in him to withstand/tolerate one more obsession of mine. My den/spare bedroom/crafting studio/office is OUT OF CONTROL as it is.
Perhaps I should photoblog the monstrosity the room has become as of late. PERHAPS!
Picture gently lifted from Yarnplayer's TattingIsn't it lovely?
I hope to study this and try to craft a crocheted celtic shamrock for my study in Celtic knots rendered in crochet, inspired by this piece of lovely tatt work. I love the whole "deconstruction" I do in mapping out each thing I attempt, and once I've figured it out, I'm off to the next thing to decipher.
I've even been fascinated by Noreen Crone-Findlay's Woven Spool Knit Heart (hint! hint! for those wondering what to get me, for you know, any gifty-type situation), which is in keeping with my affinity for Celtic Knots. And right now, I'm putting Celtic Knotwork Handbook (Paperback) by Shelia Sturrock on my Amazon wishlist.
Stay tuned...
I've even been fascinated by Noreen Crone-Findlay's Woven Spool Knit Heart (hint! hint! for those wondering what to get me, for you know, any gifty-type situation), which is in keeping with my affinity for Celtic Knots. And right now, I'm putting Celtic Knotwork Handbook (Paperback) by Shelia Sturrock on my Amazon wishlist.
Stay tuned...


3 comments:
The Celtic Knot Granny is absolutely gorgeous - gorgeous enough to make me attempt crochet again. Really, really beautiful.
The square is breath taking.
Wow! That granny square rocks. I'm lovin' it.
Post a Comment