Friday, July 03, 2009

For Future Reference (Mine): Granny Square Joining Technique

I found this over at Carina's Craftblog today, and I can't wait to start using it. It falls in line with the "join as you go" method (rather than whip stitching w/a needle), and can make things go, IMHO, a bit faster.

I just need to do things the mirror image of that tute, given I'm a leftie. Seems simple enough: ch3 in first square, then 3tr in each "void" (as I call the spot between stitch clusters), and ch3 to join at the end. That's the only further interpretation I needed. And am posting it here on my blog, not for others, (never for others' benefit) but for my own. I use my blog as a scrapbook for my projects, as well as a notepad for things that inspire or perhaps might be useful in future projects.

Too bad, I'm working on a floral motif 'ghan, not in square forms, but I'm joining the individual motifs together; otherwise, I'd start a new project JUST TO USE THIS TUTE!

Thanks Carina!

2 comments:

Carina said...

Oh I know all about wanting to do eve more projects than you've already got on the go. It's just so darn hard, eh? ;-)

Thanks for the link!

cynalune said...

Thank you very much for the link, this is a great technique!