Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A View From the Frog Pond

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Nomming



4 comments:

Miss Julep said...

You crack me up! Part of me was screaming "DON'T DO IT"! as i have "Clapotis envy"....never have gotten around to making one for myself but have queued it since practically day 1. I'm sure you'll find something cool to do with the yarn.

Maven said...

Well the problem here has been, that the friend (a pointy stick person) was convinced she'd convert me to the ways of the sticks, and thought the clap would be a great project to learn terms (as I know, mechanically HOW to knit, there are some terms I don't know how to translate from text to the yarn in hand).

Well, I get 1/2 way into the red one (in my projects section, too). And she started to bail out on knit night. So I started the Noro Lily one, thinking it'd be a lovely scarf for when I go to Paris (MAY 2008!!!). Well, I got halfway into it, and she's stopped coming to knit night ALL TOGETHER.

So no shawl/scarf for Paris (*sniff!* WAH! *sniff!*), and no friend coming around (when she lives local, so local in fact, my chiro and OUR dentist is one block from her home). So the unfinished claps were just taking up a LOT of negative headspace, as well as space in my stash/WIPs basket.

I needed to free up my creative chi.

Anyway? The yarn is pure potential right now. And for what it's worth? I could probably knock out a CLAPOCHET in no time. It's just a matter of me reading the pattern (and I hope it's got a chart!). Goodness knows I have the right hook for the project!

Anonymous said...

Amusing? Hardly. I found it to be a massively hurtful passive aggressive move on your part.

The feeling is mutual. It was nice while it lasted but it's time to move on.
Bye Maven

Maven said...

Thanks for stopping by, Anonymous.

Funny thing is, I've abandoned this project LONG after you already abandoned the friendship.

Consider me moved-on. No need to reply to the PM on Rav. Obviously.