I'm posting this as a reminder to myself (posted in sequence of the two posts which precede this one, for context).
Well over a year after the fact, I'm still weirded out by how things played out. You can only try to have a dialogue with someone who is willing or interested. No passive-aggression on my part. Just acknowledging the alienation and trying to move on with my life.
Signed,
The Cunt
Note added 2/25/26
As after things went pear-shaped in 2009, I distanced myself from Ravelry, for several more nuanced reasons other than this person, who I one time considered an IRL friend, is really unhinged if a blog post regarding the fleeting nature of relationships & my feelings of abandonment were received by her as an attack. I missed (who I thought was) my friend.
Couple that up with the fact that none of our mutuals defended me while she went on this meltdown, I figured I’d just give her space and my connection to Ravelry, in particular the group LSG where I was an active participant, was collateral damage.
Anyway, recently I have been more active on ravelry but mostly updating projects or queueing patterns with an occasional post here or there, I came to discover Slpbeauty333 passed away in Summer of 2025.
Anyway, it is sad when people struggle with chronic illness (which she developed several years after her meltdown), and sad when they pass away from said illness. And I guess nothing more needs to be said.

