Sunday, October 09, 2011

A Motif for my Mother

Only sharing a partial of the overall finished motif,
as I am on the fence about sharing it 100% just yet (to the public),
as I am contemplating writing up the pattern, perhaps
to sell.
I've been fiddling with it all weekend long.
The first picture is worked with an H hook (tho I am sure
a J or K would work nicely given the yarn choice), and
worked in Vanna's Choice.
The second picture is worked in #3 crochet cotton with a size "0"
vintage Susan Bates hook.
So far, stitch to stitch, it works up identical,
tho in different scale.

3 comments:

Miss Julep said...

It's got promise! Beginning with the hook size...love that! Of course the bit I can see looks fabulous as well!! DO IT and I will purchase the 1st pattern, I promise!

Maven said...

Holy moly! Thanks for your support! I'm speechless! XOXOXO

Maven said...

PS Miss Julep:

I've done a pretty extensive search (on Rav) for motifs, and I have yet to find one that even remotely resembles the one I've been tinkering with. This is promising (yes?)? I hope? Could it be I happened upon something that hasn't been extrapolated yet? A motif as yet to be done?