"Buyer Beware."
I love it when folks make it super easy for me to determine if I want to shop at their shop. Granted I'm in NY and the shop in question is in VA; however, I'm a yarn tourist. I like to buy and sample the local wares when I'm on vacation.
Following a shop's Twitter feed or checking out a review on Yelp is usually one of the things I do, when I plan a vacation.
I invite you to check out the Twitter feed for @CCYarnShoppe and see for yourself. In a nutshell, it's the political, hateful and judgmental rantings of a lunatic.
PS: Here is just a snippet, the tip of the iceberg as it were. Go diving into the feed to see the full on rantings (dive to 11/3 & 11/4, assuming she doesn't delete her feed).
End note: The hag who owns the shop must have complained to the management team at Yelp, as they took down my review, given I'm not a first-hand customer. Whatever. Caveat emptor, bitches. Do you really want to spend/give your money to someone spouting off like a loon about politics, or judging what others may or may not be doing in relief efforts for the hurricane victims? Distasteful, IMHO. And really, if it were on her own personal Twitter feed, I'd say, "live and let live, we're all entitled to our opinions." I'm one of those oddballs who actually connects the dots about what it says about ME by where I spend my money.
Monday, November 05, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Why lunatic? Because she's apparently a conservative? Because she got into it with Franklin Habit for some reason I can't quite figure out? Because she has a grudge against Lion Brand? Oh, wait... ;)
Hehehe, not that your reply requires a reply, but:
1. Why should she care if LBYS is open on Sunday? They are ALWAYS open on Sunday.
2. Why should she care if LBYS, a NYC based shop is open and running a "Sandy" sale?
3. Why should she care whether LBYS or Franklin Habit donates or not to any hurricane relief? It's none of her business.
3a. I love how she throws down the gauntlet, almost daring or challenging Franklin to reply, and then seemingly blocks him from replying.
4. And then the ranty nature of her political rantings? Perhaps that's better suited for a PERSONAL Twitter feed/account rather than an account for a business.
In this day and age where so many brick-and-mortar LYS are closing up, why is she alienating a potential revenue stream with her political crap?
I don't care if she's conservative or liberal. What DOES politics have to do with buying fancy string from her business? NONE.
PS: Going to do an addendum, and add a screen cap of the Twitter dithering, but not a full on capture of her political rantings. Yanno. For elucidation.
Agreed, a business account is not the right place to express divisive opinions. Not if you want your business to succeed. Gets me how many fiber related businesses are not as professional in behavior as they should be. And small business at that. You can't afford to behave badly.
Post a Comment