Another year passes, and I haven't gotten around to getting my hooking mojo back.
The pandemic has really shot my attention span to hell. I've been working on a woven type runner for my bathroom, working on it in fits and starts. And then I just shrug and put it aside.
This will be a short post. My mom died May 4th from COVID19. So that's basically wiped out a lot of things for me. Crochet doesn't provide respite for me. I've also managed to lose my mindfulness practice along the way. I've experienced other losses over the course of the last year, and I'm just waiting it out until the end of this month to see if this cycle (which started last August) will finally end.
That all being said, I've been binge watching Golden Girls, as well as I Love Lucy, just to try to relax or blot things out.
While Watching I Love Lucy, I saw her wearing this sweater, and it gave me the tiniest spark of inspiration for a sweater with a similar key hole type feature to have the ends of a scarf peep out of--I wonder if it appeared in Vogue Knitting way back then?
Additionally, in the "Beforetimes" (before COVID19), I saw this cute napkin holder type thing, and thought to myself how clever it was and how I probably could make something similar, and save myself the money. I am pretty certain I saw it at Bed Bath & Beyond.
Let's just say I'm lacking the motivation to work on anything, much less so these napkin holders, given the fact that we are without a viable vaccine at the moment, and chances are quite likely I cannot host Thanksgiving this year.
I have purged out/sold off some of my yarn. I'm holding on to everything that are souvenir yarns, or yarns that have emotional attachment. And just wondering where I go from here.
Anyway, so if anyone else, besides me, happens to read this, I hope you and yours are safe.



No comments:
Post a Comment