Posting this pic as a reminder for myself, and to be used as an inspiration piece
for a very special piece of wedding "jewelery" for a friend.
for a very special piece of wedding "jewelery" for a friend.
The picture is one variation of Oya, Turkish Lace, which my friend Rengin creates. Please take a moment and visit her online shop or her blog. What she is able to create is, in my opinion, utterly beautiful, and I aspire, one day, to be able to re-create what she does!
6 comments:
thanks for posting this I always like more oya links
Wait until you see the swatch I did last night!
Holy hell, that's so pretty and delicate! Love it.
beautiful!
Hi there!
Beautiful work!
There is a fantastic article on Oya by Kax Wilson in the July/August 1996 issue of Piecework magazine (it is sitting next to me right now!).
I would scan the article for you - but I think that is a copyright no-no. Perhaps you could order a back issue from Interweave.
Very worth it! Six pages of great info, GORGEOUS pictures as well as a two page project.
:)
AVT
hi..
love the blue oya..
really bauty and i'm beginning to like oya
Post a Comment